Virtual Mail Offerings
Check your mail anytime, anywhere!
Now you can manage your mail anytime, anywhere without having to personally come in!
Sign up at your location
How it works
- Sign up for the Virtual Mail plan at your location and select your current mailbox number. Applications are approved within 1 business day./
Note: At this time, you can skip the Form 1583 document section of the application.
- When we receive your mail, a photo of the envelope or package label will be uploaded online. You will receive a notification email and an alert on the app.
- Download the Apple or Android app
- For each item of mail you can select if you would like it to be:
- Open & Scanned
- Forwarded (fees may apply)
- Pickup on-site
No action will be done unless you specify one of these action requests.
What is included
Some service fees may apply
125 mail item(s) per month included and $ 0.25 for each additional mail item
20 pages per month included and $ 0.15 for each additional page.
We will open the piece of mail and scan any contents and upload them to your account. These scans will be securely stored in the Virtual Mail platform for the duration of your account.
Our standard disposal method of all mail is recycling. This is especially great for “Junk” mail!
If there are any documents you wish to discard that contain sensitive information, you have the option of having us shred them for security.
2 recipient(s) included and each additional recipient is $ 10.00 per month
Free storage for 60 days, then$ 3.00 for every mail item per day
Frequently asked questions
In order to organize mail within this new system, all of your mail will now be processed through the Virtual Mail software and held in a secure area. Your mail will not be placed in your mailbox. If you would like to pick up an item of mail, you can alert us of this and we will place it in your mailbox for pickup after we receive the request.
During this period, you will only be charged for any Forwarding postage or overage fees beyond what is included in the plan. There is NO COST for using the service. When you signup through our Virtual Mail platform, you will be asked for credit card information. Billing for virtual mail will be handled separately from your Port Workspaces account. You will receive an invoice for your virtual mailbox on the 1st of the month.
If you select Mail pickup, we will place your mail items in your standard mailbox. Oversized items will be placed in your office or standard package pickup area (depending on location).
Kaiser Mall Package pick-up hours are temporarily restricted to 10 AM – 2 PM daily.
All other locations are self-service by keycard access only.
We will have limited capacity for package forwarding at this time. We suggest all packages get routed to your homes (especially Amazon). For now, packages over dimensions of 12″ x 12″ x 12″ will be required to be picked up on site.
If you choose the open and scan function, we will open the mail and scan the contents to you. You will receive a notification of this scan and can review and download a PDF document of the contents. If you choose to have a mail item opened and scanned, after you receive the scan, you must choose a final action for the mail item after you view the contents. If you do not choose a final action (recycle, shred, etc.) storage fees may apply.
TIP: You can leave a note on each mail item if you only want certain pages scanned to avoid page overage fees.
You have access to the scanned content, free of charge, for as long as your account remains active. You can sort scanned content into folders, attach them to emails, download them to your computer, or delete them when they are no longer needed.
- All new mail and mail that has been viewed only with no action request
- Count indicator shows the number of mail items in that folder (not just new items)
- All mail items requiring an action to be taken by the renter (you)
- These warning messages may appear:
- “Mail item is about to incur storage fees” is shown 5 days before the end of number of free days
- “Mail item is incurring storage fees” is shown if the mail item is beyond the number of free days
- “Follow-up action is required” is shown after an Open & Scan has been completed to remind the renter another action must be selected or storage fees will apply
- Shows mail item action requests that were completed by your mail center in the past 7 days
For more information on the Mail folders, check out this video.
We will provide updates with options to continue on a paid Virtual Mail plan after Shelter in Place order is lifted. If you choose to do so and currently have a mailbox at one of our locations, the new Virtual Mail plan you select would replace that mailbox and any associated fees.